Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Beauty & Tea

Am I beautiful because you love me, or do you love me because I am beautiful?


This was the subject matter of an essay I had to write for my Love In Different Languages class a few weeks ago.  Although I've already turned the paper in, every time I think of beauty this question comes to my mind again.  Just somethin to think about...

Today was one of those, "I feel pretty" days.  I got up early, and intentionally put together an out fit, unfortunately SUV was yet again having hot water issues so no shower for me.  Regardless I wasn't going to let that ruin my pretty day.  I've devoted this day to studying and writing two huge papers that I have due at the end of this week, both of which I haven't really started until today.  It's just easier to do homework when you look pretty.  So I set out on a cafe hop.  I sat at one cafe between 2-3 hours before moving on to the next, ordering a different type of tea at every one (since tea's the cheapest & most delicious drink!).  Throughout the day I had a total of 5 random strangers on the street or in these various coffee shops stop to tell me that I looked beautiful and they loved my outfit/skirt/eyes.  Let's just say it was a very self esteem boosting day.  It's crazy how much such a little compliment from a complete stranger can mean so much more than just looking in the mirror and thinking, 'i look pretty today'.  I really need to compliment others more often, especially those I don't even know.  To top off my pretty day my favorite fashion blog, that happens to be written by my best friend featured me today :)

Check it: http://colourmelange.blogspot.com/

It was really fun to be able to go cafe hopping.  I discovered my favorite spot on King St.  It's at the Buzzbar Cafe just past Enmore and it has a little back room that is filled with plants and Christmas lights.  It is just quiet enough to get work done yet there's the buzz of conversations from the next room accompanied by the sounds of the busy road to keep the mind at a perfect level of distraction.  It was perfect.

Now I'm off to dinner at Erins, both of her housemates are gone so I'm going to keep her company... and pray that I have enough self control to get all of my work done.

Day 1 of Homework Death Week has not overcome me yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment