Sunday, May 8, 2011

Oh my Peach Pie!

Yesterday was the day of turn around for me!

Started off the day with getting out of bed late but I'm glad that I did because I had perfect timing for walking to church!  On the way to church I pass this park and every week there are families with their young ones have a breaky picnic (which is apparently pretty common here).  This week I could hear a kid singing at the top of his voice so I looked around trying to find out which kid was singing, it took me about half a block of looking before I realized that he was in the tree right in front of me singing directly at me and his parents were watching and laughing from afar!  It seriously made my day it was so funny!  It also got me thinking about how fun it would be to sit in a tree and just sing to the people who pass you by.  How lovely! :)  It also made me really want to have a family of my own one day.

Church was really good this week.  It was a bit overwhelming during the service, oddly enough the subject of focus was blessings on marriages so during worship I was just praying about my future husband and just clarity as far as relationships go as I'm coming to the end of my fasting time (I've been fasting from romantic relationships for a almost a year and a half now).  All of a sudden at the end of one of the songs the pastors wife gets up and grabs the mic and looks right at me and says, "as I was worshiping I looked back and saw Dinnah and just saw anointing oi just flowing over her head as she was worshiping and I think that we should just pray for the renewal and new chapter that God is bringing to her life" !!! She asked the people around me to lay hands and the entire church prayed for me right in the middle of the service!  I was so blown away I like didn't even know what to do!  It was pretty cool just to receive that encouragement... from the entire church ahah

After church there was a shared lunch so we all ate together.  We sat and talked for a good 2 hours, it was so lovely & refreshing after spending so many days alone in my room!  Afterwards Jess (who lives in the apartment attached to the church) gave me a ride home and insisted that I took some pie home with me. I agreed and about five minutes later she pulls it out of the oven.  I had no idea that she had just baked it!  It was really delicious... it didn't even make it back to my room... I ate it within the 5 min car ride home haha I forgot how amazing peach pie truly is!!



I spent the rest of the afternoon in the library doing research, then headed back to my place for dinner and writing.  After about 3 hours of consistent writing I got soooo unmotivated...  around midnight I decided to nap, then wake up at 3am to finish my assignments...accidentally set the wrong alarm and woke up at 6 instead... :/  So I was able to finish one assignment but the other is just going to have to be handed in late...

I was able to skype my whole family, including cousins/aunts/uncles all at the same time this morning! :)  It was mothers day at home and they all were celebrating at my house so I was able to see them.  It was so fun, and quite enjoyably hectic skyping so many people all at the same time!! haha

Tonight: Work till 11 then finish paper #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment