Friday, February 18, 2011

Birds Hate Me

So yesterday was a successful day at the beach!  We had to walk about 3 miles to the Sydney harbor to hop on a ferry for about 20 min then walk to Manly Beach, it was quite the trek but it was so worth it!  The first half of the day was really cloudy but after about noon the sun came out to play!  We all got super dark since AU doesn't have an ozone layer, that wasn't very hard to accomplish.  Playing in the ocean was so fun, super salty, but so fun!  There were soooo many surfers out and at times it was hard to make sure we didn't get in their way.  I want to learn so so bad and Manly looked like a good place to learn because there were surfers of all different levels.

I hadn't eaten much of a breakfast that morning so by lunch time I was absolutely starving.  I decided to save some cash and just get a small value meal at Hungry Jack's (AU's version of Burger King) while some of my friends got some middle eastern kabbabs.  Since there were so many seagulls hovering around the beach we decided to sit on some stairs that led to the beach... but those seagulls were smarter than we thought.  Within seconds of sitting down we were completely surrounded by them and their piercing eyes set on our food.  I was holding my burger like it was my life lol.  Unfortunately after I took the first bite a seagull came from behind me, flew between Mandy and I, grabbed the burger right out of my very hands (and bit me in the process) and about 20 seagulls devoured it in under 4 seconds.   My friend Kyrstin who saw the whole thing happen from across the beach proceded to point and laugh at my loudly as everyone was already staring at me and laughing.  I was in complete shock and heartbroken that I didn't get to eat the burger I was looking forward to alllll day!   Mandy was nice enough to split her meal with me so I could have something to eat though so it all works out I guess.  After lunch we went back out on the beach and played with the hermit crabs, waves & shells for a while.  At one point we were all just sitting there taling when we noticed that there was a huge flock of seagulls just flying in a circle above us.  It was kinda a cool sight... until one pooped alllll over my leg so naturally I screamed, "it pooped on my leg" and ran toward the showers.  Once again the entire beach was laughing at me.  I was just their entertainment for the day. lol

After we took the ferry back I stopped by the grocery store an picked us a few things considering My fridge was literally completely empty.  By the time I had made the long trek back to my dorm I was so exhausted but it was finally Friday night so a couple of us got all dressed up and had a little night out on the town!

Today's been a pretty lazy day. It's 4:30 and I haven't left my room once today.  I've been feeling kinda sick lately so I'm just going to relax today and do some reading... possibly in the park.

1 comment:

  1. I legitimately laughed outloud when reading this. Like I was sitting on my floor. Read this. And then started laughing. and doing that thing where I kind of fall on the floor and roll around.

    Good talking to you today. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete