Monday, February 21, 2011

Up up and away!

The rest of Sunday I decided to head to the Royal Botanical Gardens and spend some alone time.  I knew it was a long walk to begin with, but I ended up getting lost so it took me a little over an hour to walk there... haha.  It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!  The scents alone were enough to make me feel like I was in heaven!  I uploaded a lot of the flowers with mini bios about them on FB (I miss learning so I decided to take some notes on each one!).  I also happened to run into film festival that was happening in the park.  There were hundreds of people on their blankets surrounding three main screens and a stage!  They had a few bands playing so I decided to stay for two of them.  I ended up getting to the very front of the crowd and the band was really good!  I thought about staying for the films but since I had been walking all day and couldn't feel my feet/legs I decided it would be a good idea to head home before I got too exhausted!

Monday:  I had orientation from 9-4.  We were in the great hall which literally reminded me of Harry Potter! haha  It was in the Quadrangle which is a sure building with a grass court in the center.  It's absolutely beautiful!  After that I decided to print off some more resume's, had some dinner then headed down to King street with a smile to talk to some more managers farther down the street.  By the end of the day I was pretty tired so I went back to my room, skyped Carrie and found out that she is going to be visiting me from Wednesday afternoon- Sunday afternoon!  I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE HER!!!!!  I've got orientation week all week but it's stuff we get to do when we want so I can work my stuff around our plans!  Now I just need to start planning our amazing weekend, there's just soooo much in Sydney I want her to see I don't know where to begin!!  After that I watched a movie, played some tetris and went to bed.

Today:  I had orientation from 9-noon today.  Today they explained academic info more specifically.  A lot of international students don't have the classes they want approved yet or have clashes in their schedules etc so it was more for them.  I have all of my classes that I needed and wanted approved.  I also found out that I have the BEST schedule ever!!  None of my classes begin before 10am, I'm done by 3 on Mon, Tues & Thurs; done by noon on Weds and no classes on Fridays!!  This is gonna be a gooood semester :)

After all that I went to the library to print off my sched and a few more resumes to go to Broadway (which is a longer walk away, but there are more shops & opportunities there).  I headed back to my room for some lunch & received a call from a Gelato Shop that liked my resume!!  I had spoken to the manager briefly yesterday when I was walking down King street, and the same manager had called me today!  She invited me in for a trial run (here they don't have interviews, they invite you in for a trial run for about 3 hrs where they teach you what you need to know in the first hour then watch & judge your performance for the other 2 hrs, then at the end of your trial they tell you weather or not you've been hired).  So on Thursday night I've got my first trial!  I really hope I get to work there.  It's owned by and Italian family & the manager let me know that I was the only one that was going to be hired outside of the family, which made me feel pretty good! :)

Now I'm about to have lunch, then around 3 Marls (who I thought was named Miles for the past 3 days... his full name is Marlon but people call him Marls, which with the Aussie accent translates to what sounds like Miles.  Accents are confusing lol) who I met at church this last Sunday, has invited me to hang out & meet his housemates, all of which go to Sydney Uni so I'm excited to make some new friends!

I feel like everything is starting to fall into place.  It's funny how once I just let go & let God he amazes me every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment