Monday, February 14, 2011

The Inconvience of Convienence

If there is one thing that this trip has taught me it most definitly PATIENCE!

I finally got my phone yesterday & was able to make some phone calls.  Voices of encouragment meant the world to me! I still don't have internet in my room but I finally have a username & password so I can use the internet at the library.  There's still a week until orientation so this week it's job seachin & touristing time!  I'll be uploasding pic's once I get to chance!  I haven't really gotten the chance to make any Aussie Friends yet because they don't come back to school till next week... time moves so slowly when there's so much free time!

It's been pretty gloomy & rainy these past couple days & even a little cold but later on the sun will come out and I will go play!

In America we have free Wi-Fi at every corner, we complain the minute our phones don't have service, we have Super Targets, our one stop shop for everything on our lists & our society resolves around customer service where we want to make sure that everyone is happy and satisfied.  Here Wi Fi is expensive, phones are expensive (pretty much everything is expensive since they have a minimum wage of about $17... that changes a but...).  They don't have one-stop-shops for our convience so we have to go to each individual store, all of which is about a 15 min. walk from where I am, keeping in mind that I need to carry everything I buy home with me at the end of the day.

At first I just felt like everything here was so Inconvienint, there is no such thing as customer service here, they could care less if you weren't satisfied with their services because they know that we have no other choice but to buy things at thier stores.  What a rude lifestyle!  As I began thinking about it it's not their life style that's the problem, it's mine!  I have been spoiled my entire life, haveing everything just waiting for me at my call.  I am beginning to see the beautify in having to take a ridiculously long trip just to buy shampoo, the beauty of this community where people work to live & not live to work.  A phrase that I really enjoy is, (Said in an aussie accent) "She'll be right" meaning everythings going to be alright, there's no need to stress.  How beautiful.

God's speaking to me in an aussie accent & saying, "She'll be right".

No comments:

Post a Comment